It was announced during Blizzcon that Legion will be getting tons of new content with the upcoming patches.
Blizzcon 2016 is inbound and tons of new things are being announced this weekend. One of Blizzard’s main and oldest franchises, World of Warcraft, is set to have quite a few additions. The next upcoming patches will allow players to explore more of what Legion has to offer. What started out as a beef main will be turning into a buffet in the weeks and months to come.
Patch 7.1.5 will be the first small one for the Legion expansion. The idea was for Blizzard to give you something while you wait for the main patch. Here is what you will get while you wait for Patch 7.2:
- Brawler’s Guild and Timewalker Dungeons
- Mist of Pandaria Dungeons to be added to the Time Walking Dungeons roster
- Brawler’s Guild to make a comeback with new bosses, multi-player content, raid-level enemies, and shared items for helping out fellow players
- New shirts and Basilisk Mount
Holidays Are Always Fun!
If you are a calendar follower, you will be glad to learn that there will be new holidays to be introduced. Instead of traditional 2 week holidays, Blizzard will be introducing Azeroth-based events. For example: Ahn’Qiraj Rememberance Day – January 22nd! In Silithus, the citizens will remember the day the gates of AQ were opened. Of course, there will be way more to come and to be announced.
Unfortunately, Blizzard stated that there will be no power reward, mount, or pet to gain from this, but it is a good opportunity to do something different and new. Other events include:
- Volunteer Guard Day – showing respect for the Stormwind Patroller or the Orgrimmar City Guard. On Volunteer Guard Day, you can salute a guard to let them take a break and you can be a guard for a bit- patrol the city and keep it safe.
- Hatching of the Hippogryphs – if you are in Feralas on this day – you can check out the one day a year that Hippogryphs hatch!
- Boat Day – it’s like Azeroth Spring Break – just go out and get some sun on a boat, chill with your friends!
Blade’s Edge Revamped
Blade’s Edge Arena will be getting a revamped art. Also, the arena will have an announcer in the form of an Ogre King!
Mind your Rotation!
After gathering data and player feedback, Blizzard announced that they will be improving Talent choices and re-evaluating stats. Also, a review of flow of rotation will be done. The idea is to improve mechanics in order to make playing each class smoother and more pleasant. Certain Utility are being considered to make a comeback.
Patch 7.1.5 PTR is coming soon!
For Patch 7.2, the serious stuff will be added:
- Tomb of Sargeras Raid
- More Class Order Hall Campaign
- New Faction: Armies of Legionfall
- New World Quests – Including Class focused quests
- Legion Assaults
- Flying (to be unlocked with the 2nd part of Broken Isles Pathfinder Achievement)
- New Epic Class Mounts – Granted at the end of the Broker Shore / Legion fall quest-line/Order Hall Campaign
- New Legendary Artifact Traits – Double Relic Changes – New Appearances
Is it too soon for an expansion?
Patch 7.2 will add so much content to the Legion expansion. Of course, some players are asking about the possibility for a new expansion. However, it is still way to even start thinking about that. New raids are coming, more mission, and tons of things to do. I highly doubt we will hear anything about a new expansion before we go deep into 2017.