It seems the secret project linking both the Mario franchise and Ubisoft’s Rabbids has been leaked and we finally found out what it is. Looks pretty interesting!As Nintendo World Report has presented, the new game that Nintendo and Ubisoft are owkring on together is called Mario x Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. This is leaked by them and they even provided images to give us more detailed information. These images look like they are from a private presentation of the project.
Here are a few of the details we have heard about the new game:
- The exploration is estimated at 35% of the game with combat making up 65%.
- Each of the four worlds are “twisted” Mario worlds filled with Easter eggs.
- The combat includes weapons, with Mario and the team being able to use guns.
- The characters that can be used are: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and Rabbids dressed up as them.
- There will be the ability to local co-op with another player.
- The game is estimated to be around 20 hours long.
This new game has been reported to be a Nintendo Switch exclusive and will be published by Ubisoft. The game looks pretty comical and there seems to be an odd focus on guns or blasters. Also, the presentation slides show a tone of that will make big use of the Rabbids’ weird sense of humor.
It is true that the Nintendo Switch needs more exclusive titles and this partnership between Nintendo and third-party developer Ubisoft may be the first of many crossovers we might see in the future. Also, judging from the slides, the company should be aiming for a September release which is good timing to consumers ready for a new title each month. Let us no forget there is still more games like Skyrim, Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 down in the pipeline.
What do you all make of this new title? Since this was supposed to surprise everyone, will this leak undersell the game in any way? Stay tuned as we get closer to E3 for the official reveal of the game.