Razer Announces New Raiju Gaming Controller
Razer’s products are well known in the competitive gaming scene and today, the company has announced a new controller.
In their latest press release, hardware developer Razer announced the launch of the latest in gaming controllers, the Razer Raiju. In Japanese, Raiju roots back to Japanese mythology. It means “thunder animal” or “thunder beast”; it is a legendary creature. Razer products love to bear the name of known creatures and this one is no exception.
The Razer Raiju, as seen in the picture above, is a performance controller designed for PlayStation 4 and works as well on PC. It features “four additional fully-programmable buttons, a weight and shape that’s been fine-tuned for esports, and a Quick Control Panel.” The material used are Razer-grade durable. To ensure that the product was on par with similar hardware, it was heavily tested by esports athletes.
- 2 shoulder Hyperesponse Multi-Function Bumpers
- 2 removable Hyperesponse Multi-Function Triggers
- 4 Hyperesponse mechanical action buttons
- 4 button Quick Control Panel
- Optional trigger stop switches for rapid-fire
- Optional hair trigger mode for ultra-fast responses
- 3.5 mm audio port for stereo audio output and microphone input
- Compatible with PC*
- In-mold rubber grips
- 2 optional analog stick rubber grip caps
- Carrying case
- Detachable 3 m / 10 ft lightweight braided cable with Micro-USB connector*
- Approximate size : 168 mm / 6.62” (Length) x 105 mm / 4.14” (Width) x 65 mm / 2.56” (Height)
- Approximate weight (With cable): 350 g / 0.77 lb
*PC compatibility not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe
Design wise, the Raiju looks fantastic. The grips seem to be well in place and the extra backside triggers, different from that of the Xbox One Pro Controller, have been designed to fit your finger for more comfort.