Razer Unveils New Wireless Headset
Today is a great day for Razer! In a press release addressed earlier this morning, the California-based company announced a new addition to their product line! Introducing the ManO’War.
Build for high-fidelity and gaming, the ManO’War is a brand new wireless headset designed for PC. It uses the latest in audio engineering and frequency location to guarantee the best possible wireless audio experience.
“This latest addition to Razer’s audio line offers high-fidelity, gaming-grade audio engineered with multiple wireless antennas, frequency channel scanning for locating the clearest channel and an advanced coding algorithm to ensure a high-performance, lag-free, 2.4 GHz wireless experience,” explained Razer.
If you are acquainted with Razer, you should know that they love to make heavy-duty product using solid materials, and make everything easy to use. That being said, ManO’War comes with an ultra-compact USB adapter that you simply need to plug in your computer to activate. Connection is almost instantaneous and the range goes up to 39 feet. However, Razer claims that using the option extension dock increases that range by almost 30 percent, pushing it to 46 feet.
Additionally, it comes equipped with Chroma technology, thus allowing the user to choose from 16.8 million colors as their custom color scheme.
If you are still not convinced, and prefer to see statistics, here are the official specifications:
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ω at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): 112 ± 3 dB
- Input power: 30 mW (Max)
- Drivers: 50 mm, with Neodymium magnets
- Inner ear cup diameter: 60 mm / 2.36 in.
- Connection type: Wireless USB Transceiver
- Wireless range: 12 m / 40 ft.
- Wireless frequency: 2.4 Ghz
- Battery life: Up to 14 hours with Chroma lighting / 20 hours without Chroma lighting
- Approximate weight: 375 g / 0.83 lbs.
- Frequency response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 60 dB
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): -38 ± 3 dB
- Pick-up pattern: Unidirectional
- PC / Mac with USB port; PlayStation® 4*
- Windows® 10 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 7 / Windows® Vista / Mac OS X (10.9 and higher)
- Internet connection for driver installation
- At least 100 MB of free hard disk space
* Only Spectrum cycling lighting effect and 2.0 stereo audio output is available
The Razer ManO’War is scheduled for release (limited units at BestBuy and Razerstore.com) on April 17, 2016, in North America and will be priced at $169.99. A Worldwide launch is scheduled for May 2016.