BlizzCon 2015 Day 1
Ladies and gentlemen, it is that time of the year once again. Welcome to BlizzCon 2015! Here is what we learned after Day 1!
For those of you who do not know (because you should), BlizzCon is the epic convention for everything Blizzard! It is by Blizzard, for Blizzard-fans and it is pretty much the most wonderful time of the year for everyone waiting on the announcements of new Blizzard content. To facilitate the coverage, I will present all the latest news and headlines by games since Blizzard’s games each contain their own community, hype and lore (for most games). Of course, the pending release of the company’s next big game, Overwatch, is also a big subject so we kept an extra eye on that for you! Without further ado, let’s explore!
– A new gameplay trailer was revealed during the Overwatch panel. Some new faces were also introduced. Junkrat, Soldier: 76, Roadhog, McCree, Lùcio, D.Va, Mei and Genji were all revealed in this trailer. This is a lot of characters and Overwatch to have a strong lineup of characters very early on. This is very impressive how each remain very unique. It seems characters will have some form of relations since Genji was shown to be Hanzo’s brother. You can check out more information on the new faces of Overwatch on the game’s website.
Team up and accomplish the incredible. https://t.co/z1VhzvBcSV
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) November 6, 2015
– Blizzard has revealed that the Overwatch beta is now live in both the Americas and Europe! Pay attention to your Battle.Net account to see if you are lucky enough to have been chosen to participate.
– A new map was also introduced today. Welcome to Hollywood my friends!
– Overwatch’s pricing was announced! The normal copy will come with all 21 characters, but with no extra content, for the price of 40$. There is an Origins Edition which will include all that is in the normal version, but with extra skins and digital items for other Blizzard games. This one will retail for 60$. Finally, there is the Collector’s Edition and it costs 130$! This is will include all the aforementioned content as well as “Solider: 76 statue, a visual sourcebook, and the Overwatch soundtrack.” Every edition will also come with a unique skin: Noire Widowmaker. The expected release date is June 21st 2016, but nothing is finalized as of now.
– It is confirmed that there will be no crossplay between the PC and console versions of Overwatch.
– Greymane, Lunara and Cho’gall revealed a new heroes! Cho’gall, an ogre with two heads, is actually not one, but two heroes. Imagine having to share a body with another player and you both have to work together to play him. This is pretty intriguing because teamwork is even more demanding when using this guy. Here is a gameplay trailer to see how the guys play:
– As a special surprise, Tracer from overwatch is going to be a playable hero in Heroes of the Storm! – Towers of Doom map also introduced today. Here is a trailer on how it works:
– Heroes of the Storm World Championship has now begun! Watch the livetsream right here.
– The Warcraft movie was confirmed to arrive in theaters on June 10th 2016! Just in time for E3 2016! – Of course, we need to talk about the next step for World Warcraft. This means we will now dive into the next expansion: Legion! It has been confirmed that Blizzard will continue on their path of upgrading the visuals of the games with some new character models like Boomkins.
– The Opening Cinematic Trailer for Legion has been released. So many videos, fans love it! You can also check out the lore overview so far right.
– Players can now pre-purchase Legion now and here is a list of goodies and bonuses to get:
– New Hero Class: Demon Hunter—Unleash the demon within as an all-new melee hero class gifted with preternatural mobility—and the ability to metamorphose into hellish new form.
– New Feature: Artifact Weapons—Smite the Legion with class-specific weapons of lore. Unlock awesome abilities and traits, and customize your weapon to suit your needs.
– New Continent: The Broken Isles—Discover the fate of a lost night elf civilization, confront twisted fragments of the Emerald Nightmare, and hunt agents of the Legion in all-new zones.
– Boost to Level 100—Come fully prepared to battle the Legion with a level-100 character boost, and fight alongside your friends in this epic new chapter of World of Warcraft—available immediately upon pre-purchase*.
– New Feature: Class Hall (aka Order Halls) —Unite fellow NPC members of your class’s order to carry out missions at your command.
– New PvP Honor System—Fight for fame, glory, and a range of new PvP-specific powers as you face the opposing faction in Arenas and Battlegrounds.
Digital Deluxe Edition – Pets, Mounts, and More In addition to the Standard Edition, the new expansion is available in a Digital Deluxe Edition, which contains a cache of Legion-inspired in-game bonuses for World of Warcraft and other Blizzard games (available upon or before the expansion’s launch), including:
– World of Warcraft – Illidari Felstalker Mount and Nibbles Pet—Stalk the invading demonic forces atop one of the Burning Legion’s own twisted hounds of war, and summon a delightfully demented companion to keep you warm by the fel fire—both available immediately upon pre-purchase.
– Heroes of the Storm –Felstalker Mount—Charge down the lanes of the Nexus and wreak havoc on the opposing team astride this fierce fanged terror.
– StarCraft II : Fel Protoss Portraits—Take back Aiur in infernal style with psionic-infused StarCraft II portraits of Illidan and Gul’dan.
– Diablo III – Wings of the Betrayer—Equip your hero with Illidan’s wings and strike terror into the hearts of Sanctuary’s demons.
– Hearthstone has a more competitive presence at this year’s BlizzCon. The World Championship quarterfinals are currently underway and you can watch it all through the Twitch livestream. – In terms of content, the online card game continues to evolve and now introduces the third adventure! Welcome to the League of Explorers!
– The new adventure, The League of Explorers, will officially release on November 12th. You can check out all the new cards incoming right here as well.
– Star Craft: Legacy of the Void is the next expansion for Blizzard true RTS game. They have officially the expansion’s release time and it will depend on your location. If you would like to know when you can get your hands on your game, check it out right here.
– A Protoss and Zerg hybrid was discovered by Zeratul, this is the Duran’s Creation!
– A new trailer has been released to introduce the new expansion. There is also another one for the new series of RTS missions featuring one of Star Craft’s most notable characters: Nova! This is the Nova Covert Ops missions.
– You can pre-purchase Legacy of the Void starting now on the game’s website as well.
– On the eSports side of things, the Star Craft II world championship is under way! You can watch the action right here.
– Finally, there was a multiplayer-focused panel and its continued evolution for Star Craft II. You can find more details right over here.
– During the Diablo panel, it was revealed that new areas have been made available for exploration. Get ready to go to Greyhollow Island, the Eternal Woods and the Royal Quarters! Of course, in these new lands, the unknown can kill you. Be wary of new enemies all ready to be taken down!
– In Patch 2.4.0, Diablo 3 will be sporting an updated user interface as well as a new buff system! Stay tuned for more details.
– Furthermore, the Action Combat system that made that was introduce on the console version of the game is now going to be making its way to the PC version as well. This is all happening upon the arrival of Patch 2.4.0.
– From now on, you can spend gold to enter an Empowered Rift and gain a fourth chance to upgrade gems. There is also going to add a new Kanai’s Cube recipe, which can upgrade your equipment with more power. Also, Blizzard have confirmed the addition of over 50 new Legendary weapons and powers in this very important patch!
– Set Dungeons have been introduced. The purpose of these dungeons will be to test the limits of your builds. Difficulty has always been a prime concept in Diablo and Blizzard is only pushing that further.
– Things get more interesting when we start to talk about Season 5! You can give your Seasonal characters a brand new start with a Season Rebirth. One thing that is gone is the Seasonal Legendaries. From now, there will be guaranteed class sets delivered to you.
– Want more details on what’s new in Reaper of Souls? You can check out more information right here.
If you want to find out what happened during the second day of BlizzCon, you can check it all out right over here.