Pokémon Direct Reveal Pokkén Tournament DX And Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
Today, a brand new Pokémon Direct broadcast was brought in to announce the reveal of two new Pokémon games. Plus, they are both sequels in their way!
The first game revealed was none other than Pokkén Tournament DX. You guessed it and yes, we are finally receiving all those DLC characters we aching to get. Let us welcome an enhanced gameplay experience using the Nintendo Switch with the arrival of Darkrai, Scizor, Empoleon and Croagunk. But wait, there’s more! A new fighter joins the battle all the way from the tropical lands of the Alolan region. Decidueye snuck his way onto our hearts and into Pokkén Tournament as newly revealed character.
Here are a few features and facts revealed regarding Pokkén Tournament DX:
- Play Pokkén anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokkén Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter – Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokémon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokémon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokémon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle – All characters and Support Pokémon will be available right from the start of the game.
Pokkén Tournament DX will launch on Nintendo Switch September 22, 2017.
During Pokémon Direct, viewers also saw the first footage from the newest titles in the Pokémon series, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon. Two new Pokémon forms were shown resembling that of the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo and Lunala. Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon have been powered up with new additions to the story and features from Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon are scheduled to release worldwide on November 17, 2017—more information about the games will be revealed later this year.
Also announced, the second titles in the Pokémon series, Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver, will be making their way to the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console. Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver were released in Japan on November 21, 1999, as the second set of titles in the Pokémon series. These games, which debuted as Game Boy Color-titles in Japan, are being recreated into Virtual Console versions such that their screens appear just as they did on the Game Boy Color. Both titles will be compatible with the wireless communication features of the Nintendo 3DS and Trainers can look forward to Link Trades and Link Battles between Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver. In addition, these titles will be compatible with the Time Capsule function, which allows players to Link Trade Pokémon between the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver and the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, or Pokémon Yellow in Pokémon Centers within the games. Both titles will be compatible with Pokémon Bank and will also launch on September 22, 2017.
You can also watch the entire Pokémon Direct right here: