MEW To Be Handed Out This February
This year is Pokemon’s 20th anniversary and The Pokemon Company confirmed that there will be tons of surprises for fans of the franchise.
This morning, a press release addressed by The Pokemon Company unveiled that this February, fans will be able to capture MEW in Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon Omega Ruby. This announcements comes in celebration of Pokemon’s 20th anniversary.
As legends say, MEW is said to posses the genetic composition of every single Pokemon in existence; some stories even claim that Ditto is a failed clone of this mythical creature. As it turns out, MEW is capable not only of making itself completely invisible, but it also has the power to transform into any Pokemon it wants to. Honestly, this is the perfect ability to have, especially being of a trickster nature.
In order to gain MEW in any of the four aforementioned games, here are the steps you must follow:
1. Make sure your Nintendo 3DS system is connected to the internet. For Nintendo Customer Service, go to support. Nintendo UK, FR, DE, IT, or SP
2. Open your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game.
3. Select MYSTERY GIFT on the main menu.
4. Select RECEIVE GIFT, then YES.
5. Select GET WITH CODE, then YES, then YES again to connect to the internet.*
6. Enter your code.
7. Watch as you receive your Mythical Pokémon Mew.
8. Speak to the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center to receive your Mew.
9. Be sure to save your game.
Once completed, a level 100 MEW will appear in your inventory with the Synchronize ability. As for his move set, it will only have Pound. However, since MEW has the genetic of every Pokemon out there, it can pretty much learn any TM and HM you give it, thus giving you the power to decide which moves it should have.
It is noteworthy to mention that MEW isn’t the only mythical Pokemon scheduled to be gifted to players, but he is the first one. Actually, The Pokemon Company confirmed that starting this February, every month, a new mythical creature will be given out to players with the video game. In the following months, players can get the following mythical creatures:
– MEW (February)
– CELIBI (March)
– JIRACHI (April)
– DARKRAI (May)
– MANAPHY (June)
– SHAYMIN (July)
– ARCEUS (August)
– VICTINI (September)
– KELDEO (October)
– GENESECT (November)
– MELOETTA (December)
The Pokemon Company has a lot in store this year when it comes to Pokemon, so make sure you stay tuned for any cool new announcements.