Unlike any other trade show out there, MIGS is unique. Set in Montreal, a metropolis for everything gaming, MIGS reunites professionals under one roof.
Whether you are part of a development team, a CEO of an Indie, a student studying game programming, or even a well-established AAA video game developer/publisher, MIGS is THE place to be. Learn more about certain crafts, meet interesting individuals, create business opportunities and more.
On their official website, the event’s team published 10 interesting reasons why you should attend MIGS 2016:
- Who doesn’t like a good discount? Save up to 10% on most of MIGS16’s offers (tickets, booths…) until September 30th at midnight.
- Meet up with more than 3,000 attendees from 20+ countries and enjoy a bunch of networking opportunities, cocktails and parties.
- Create your personalized conference schedule and choose amongst 84 sessions divided in 6 tracks, by more than 100 expert speakers.
- Get an in-depth crash course on the topic that sparks your interest and choose from the 16 master classes offered at MIGS. Bonus – pick the brain of the most respected industry experts that will be teaching the classes.
- Discover a show floor larger than ever with 95+ exhibitors (and meet publishers, developers, schools, service providers and more)! Join exhibitors like Amazon Lumberyard, Epic Games, WB Games Montreal, and many others.
- NEW this year – check out the Indie Zone on the show floor- a space dedicated to Indies showcasing their games – that you could play and test exclusively! (More than 40 Indies will be showcasing).
- Meet Adam Boyes, key figure of the video game industry and CEO of Iron Galaxy Studios and don’t miss his keynote session: Golden Age of Game Development.
- Meet hundreds of buyers (such as GREE, Nickelodeon, Kongregate, Level Up, Bandai Namco and many others) looking for new games, products and services in our Business Lounge (use the meeting app to make appointments online – reserved for Business Pass holders).
- Find your dream job at MIGS16 Job Fair in the Expo Zone – where hundreds of developers and new talent – of all levels of experience – come to meet the recruiting companies.
MIGS16 is your access to experts! It’s a not-to-be-missed industry gathering. Special rates (save 10% on almost all MIGS offers) are up for grabs until September 30th at midnight.
- Those ten points are quite interesting and from a professional perspective, very attractive. These are enough to encourage quite a number of you to pass buy. However, after attending the event for years now and being involved with the gaming community, both professional and amateur we have our own few reasons why you should attend MIGS:
- Parties reunite many professionals. It is a great evening where you can meet and become friendly with others very quickly.
- Ludia is always there with candy and special activities. If you are lucky like last year, you can enjoy a free massage and an almost guaranteed sugar rush!
- Play some of the games that will be available on the show floor. Mainly developed by local Indies, you can enjoy some of these titles first hand. There will be some retro games as well! (MIGS already mentioned that point, but I just wanted to put a little more stress to it since we have very talented Indie developers in Montreal)
- You never leave empty handed. When going to MIGS, you are handed a nice goodie bag with interesting stuff it in. Whether they are flyers, macarons, bottles of water, marketing is very present there.
- Everyone is so nice. MIGS is a professional-oriented event. However, there are a lot of activities for fans as well. Regardless of who you talk to, the subject being discussed over 90 percent of the time is gaming. MIGS 2016 is the best place to learn more about gaming and talk about it. If you leave without learning a thing or two, something must be off!
MIGS takes place at the Palais des Congrès of Montreal from November 13th to the 15th. For more information about MIGS and to learn more about how you can save on your ticket, feel free to visit the official website at MIGS16.com.