Rise of the Tomb Raider has been available for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC for some time. With the PS4 version set for release next week, Crystal Dynamics announced an interesting promotion for anyone who plays the game.
Regardless of the platform you choose, playing Rise of the Tomb Raider will be able to claim 100,000 in-game credit for free.
Starting October 11 and lasting until October 18 (11:59 PM PT), players who log in the game will receive this amazing limited time offer gift. What can you do with 100,000 credit? Well, you can spend them on Expedition Card Packs, which grant you special modifiers for Score Attack and Remnant Resistance, two modes featured in the game.
Modifiers can, for example, alter some visuals (big head unlocked, new costumes), modify gameplay (resistance to special damage), and more. Below is a list of the different packs you can purchase:
- Bronze Pack – 5,000 credits: Five random cards
- Silver Pack – 20,000 credits: Five random cards, one is guaranteed to be uncommon
- Gold Pack – 60,000 credits: Five random cards, one is guaranteed to be rare
- Advantage Pack – 20,000 credits: Five random cards with advantageous benefits
- Challenge Pack – 20,000 credits: Five random cards that make the game more challenging
- Wild Pack – 20,000 credits: Awards five cards chosen at random from the strangest cards in the collection
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20th Anniversary Celebration is scheduled for release for PlayStation 4 on October 11, 2016. The game is currently available for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. It is important to mention, while we are at it, that the PlayStation 4 version will support PS VR, where you can “unlock the mysteries of Croft Manor in first-person.”