Looking for a Public Relation (PR) position at the heart of a video game company? Blizzard Entertainment is looking to fill in a North America PR Manager position today.
Blizzard Entertainment, one of the biggest and most renown video game company is currently hiring to fill in PR Manager position for Hearthstone, amongst other positions. Working at Blizzard has great benefits, a fantastic campus, some of the best managers around, and a strong team-based environment that promotes day-to-day success.
If you have concise communication skills, love to play Hearthstone, and are looking for a solid team to work with, this could be the position right for you.
“Blizzard Entertainment seeks a seasoned North American public relations manager for Hearthstone who is well-versed in modern communications techniques and possesses excellent media relations skills to join our communication team. We are looking for a focused, detail-oriented person who can multitask efficiently, and thrives in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.” – Blizzard
The position comes with a number of important responsibilities as well. There, it will be required of you to be able to write professional texts, such as interview answers, press releases, online content and more. As someone who will be working closely with the press and public, it goes without saying that being able to respect embargoes and share delicate information accordingly is a must.
Certain skills and requirements are needed for consideration to the position. Below is the official list of requirements as demanded by the company.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in PR
- Strategic thinker with a strong media relations background, and proven placement results
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business-oriented texts that meet company standards, on deadline
- A modern communicator with interest and experience in leveraging integrated campaigns
- Experience working with global leadership and transforming global goals into actionable regional strategies
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Demonstrate knowledge of games and the game industry
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and full workload
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective product-PR strategy and work with other teams to complement and support each other’s plans and objectives
- Good presentation skills
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- Crisis-management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, journalism, or business, or equivalent work experience
Having experience managing a team of PR professionals, being a gamer and having knowledge about strategy card games are great assets to have as well – more like bonuses.
If you wish to learn more about the position, feel free to read the official company post here: https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oTdH4fwB